Monday, January 29, 2007

Worst & Best -- Screen Actor's Guild Awards

Rachel, Rachel, Rachel. You know I love you. You rocked Mean Girls like nobody else could (well, maybe Shannen Doherty could). You have the cutest boyfriend, and I'm thrilled that he's being recognized this year for his killer performance in Half Nelson.

But that does not excuse draping a napkin around your body and calling it a dress. And the hair?!? Please tell me that's for a movie role. What were you thinking?

Let's just hope you're wearing panties.




By contrast, let's check out the lovely and dignified Helen Mirrin, on her way to winning, well, every award for her performance in The Queen. Queen doesn't begin to describe how stunning she looks in this dress.

And check out the back. Even better.

4 Comments:

Blogger chimera said...

Helen Mirrin looks AMAZING in every photo of every awards show I've seen so far. If I grow up to look one tenth as classy as her when I'm her age, I'll be very lucky.

(OK, so maybe she just has a good stylist - but at least she's the kind of woman who can pick a good stylist...)

12:33 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

And another thing. I'm not saying she hasn't had any work done on her face/body, but she looks very very natural up close -- there are lines on her face that show her life and her character. Stunning.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Dinah said...

I am glad that I am not the only one that is not loving the pink tip hair that Rachel has been sporting.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Helen is amazing, and an inspiration. More of that, please!

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home