Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Why I will never "diet"

So, D and his boyfriend have decided they need to lose weight. So, they're on this crazy diet where the day's eating is as follows:

Breakfast: Hardboiled egg, tuna in water

Lunch: Plain oatmeal in milk with a handful of berries

Snack: Piece of fruit

Dinner: Regular dinner

They're both big, strong men (let's say 180 pounds or so) and so I told D that he's going to starve and eventually revolt against this stupid diet. He said, "No, honey...I'm not hungry. I promise."

So I decided to test out this revolutionary "diet" yesterday. I ate my egg and tuna at 10 a.m.; by 12, I was hungry, so I ate my oatmeal. I was alright with an afternoon banana until about 4:30 p.m., when hunger hit. I ate a small handful of walnuts (the only thing in my desk) and made it through my late-afternoon class. By the time I got home at 7:25 p.m., I was famished. I ate my regular dinner and was still hungry. I ate a bowl of cereal and went to bed hungry. This morning, I woke up hungry, ate my regular breakfast, and was still hungry.

Everyone. Diets are evil. Evil, I say! Never again!

6 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Yes, diets like that are evil. I love how you put it to the test.

Recommend sushi - it's very good food all round, and should fill them up for lunch or dinner. And it's looking at little things like no/less sugar in tea/coffee, low-fat dairy like yoghurt or a glass of milk are very filling as snacks, as are fruit and nuts...a whole bunch of things like this are really beneficial.

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the first 3-5 days, your body will feel like it is starving. Eat all you want of veggies, fruits, and brown rice during that time so you don't feel like you are starving. After that short time your digestion will adjust and you will feel full after eating less. I promise.

1:35 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Um, anonymous. You missed the point of the post! I don't diet. But that doesn't mean I overeat. I just eat healthy real food.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Editor,
Shopzilla.com (and Bizrate.com) are seeking link partnerships with complimentary web-sites.
Due to the quality of your site, we would like to purchase links on it to promote our price comparison shopping sites, where consumers can compare products and prices from different stores.
If you're interested, please contact me with your monthly rate.
Also, please let me know if you have any other sites.
I look forward to working with you!
Best, Nadya
nnova@shopzilla.com
PS- please don't publish this comment – I couldn’t find your email address.

4:03 PM  
Blogger The Spicers said...

Yes, all diets suck!
Just eat good food in moderation and move around a bit. It's not that hard!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Joyce said...

diets suck.. but a little healther in my foodpatrone wont do me bad.

http://mrschocolate.blogspot.com/

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home