Monday, December 10, 2007

Typical



Just got off the phone with my brother. We were talking Christmas shopping, and I mentioned to him that my sister-in-law (aka: his wife) had told me that she was running out of her M·A·C. Viva Glam V lipstick that I gave her last year. I know she loves the color (who wouldn't? it's the perfect daily lip color for all women) so I told him he might want to get it for her stocking.

He asked how much it costs. I said, "Fourteen dollars." He said, "What the @%#$$%#???? I'm not paying that much."

Dude. She's your wife. Buy her the lipstick. It's not like it's a diamond tiara.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Bobby D. said...

Men hate buying lipsticks and makeup--but it is almost too late to order on line. Fourteen whole dollars for something that lasts a year?


I use Guerlain lipsticks (I don't know how much they are--twenty something bucks.) Even a drugstore lipstick can cost ten bucks.

oh, and that is the perfect color.

8:03 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Well, as I live near San Francisco, it's easy for me to pick ANYTHING up!

I found a lovely Armani lipstick that costs almost $40 -- imagine his reaction to that!

His wife is about the lowest-maintenance woman (especially beauty product wise) I know. One lipstick ain't all that much.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

ROFL--MEN.

Tell him she wants some La Mer Creme and then tell him how much that &*$%$@@$#$# face cream costs!

I loved this post!

I hope you are enjoying the holidays Tessa!

6:05 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

He'd have a heart attack if I suggested that.

Maybe I should tell him to buy her some Wet & Wild lipstick for ninety nine cents???

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA!! Love this story, made me laugh out loud, thanks! :)

9:59 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

You could tell him about the Wet & Wild, but I know you wouldn't because he might actually go out and buy her just that!!
(oh, and i finally started a new blog...here's to writing again!)

8:58 PM  
Blogger Star said...

How funny, I hope he takes your advice and buys that lipstick,and not some random cooking appliance! Classic!

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Acaislim said...

I loved this post!

I hope you are enjoying the holidays Tessa!

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home